Sunday, February 2, 2014

Although I haven't taken any new photos for my project this month, I entered a few of the other ones in the Scholastics Art Awards, and found out last week that I won three awards for the three different portraits I took at Eastern Market in the fall.  Later this month I get to go to the DIA for the awards ceremony, and my three pieces will be displayed there until the end of March.  I hope to go back to Eastern Market at least once this month, and maybe back to Finney high school. Also last week, I found an article in the newspaper for a photography tour around Detroit, which my Dad and I plan to sign up for.  I think that this will be an amazing opportunity, as it will allow for me to visit new parts of the city, as well as improve the safety of the expedition (safety in numbers). I will include the three winning portraits below, which specifically won a silver key and two honourable mentions.

 Eastern Market Man - Honourable Mention
 The Old Man - Silver Key
Rudy - Honourable Mention

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm so proud of you. You pictures are beautiful. I can't wait to hear what you are thinking of speaking about for your TEDx talk. You have mazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy!
    I'm an undergrad student at the University of Saint Joseph in West Hartford, CT - I'm majoring in Special Education and hope to become an elementary school teacher. I'm enjoying taking a look at your blog. Wow! Your pictures are amazing and CONGRATULATIONS on your awards!

    ReplyDelete